The blend of spices in these Tandoori Chicken Wings is just right enough to tickle your taste buds without setting them on fire. This is also a good way to introduce kids to different flavors without actually forcing them to try a new dish, and can be made easily in the oven or the air fryer.
Picnics have always been a favourite summer thing for me. Something about packing a lunch, a blanket and a good book, and heading out to a lovely park brings a big smile on my face. Hubby and I spend most of our summer idling away at a park with friends and family over good food and conversation. Opening up a basket of goodies, like these Tandoori Chicken Wings for everyone to share, brings about love and a feeling of togetherness.
When we were kids, there have been one too many occasions where Mom would pack some of her most delicious goodies, and we were off to spend a nice warm day the beach. Our time there would be spent frolicking around and playing silly games. But everyone would agree that a large chunk of the time was concentrated around the food.
Most often than not, when a large group of friends come together for a picnic, we often decide on a menu. Just so no two people would land up bringing the same dish – which hardly ever happens ofcourse! I remember the last time we went on a picnic with a group of close friends – we had decided on making a BBQ event of it. We spent a good couple of hours pondering on what would be on the menu. We didn’t want the regular burgers and hot dogs. That’s just not like us. We like to kick it up a notch!
And that’s just when I decided to make a big batch of my delicious Tandoori Chicken Wings. And what do you know! It was a success, just like what any picnic should always be. So here it is, I bring to you a very simple version of deliciously spicy Tandoori Chicken Wings – not just for a picnic, but also perfect for a cozy Friday night at home with your family. Throw these in the oven or air fryer, put on a movie and get yourself a favourite drink and some chips on the side. Enjoy!
Tandoori Chicken Wings (Oven and Air Fryer Version)
- 20-14 chicken wings
- 2 tbsp light cooking oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp tandoori masala
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp amchoor powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- a handful of fresh cilantro finely chopped for garnish
- Marinate the chicken wings with the oil, tomato paste, spices, salt and fresh lemon juice. If you have the time, set aside to let it rest for about an hour.
For the Oven:
- Preheat the oven at 425 degrees and roast the marinated chicken wings on a lined baking sheet for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked through. Make sure to flip them over once in between to evenly brown on both sides.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot with some Green Chutney on the side.
For the Air Fryer:
- Bake them in an Air Fryer at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes, turning them over once in between until the chicken is completely cooked through. Serve hot with some Green Chutney on the side.
Tried this recipe? Leave a Comment and let me know, also Rate it by clicking the number of stars on the recipe card. Want to share your version with me? Tag me on Instagram @hookedonheat