I teach 'What's for Dinner' classes at the Loblaws PC Cooking School and this Peanut Sauce Noodles was what I made recently. These classes are about an hour-long, wherein I show you 2-3 quick and easy recipes that can be done any busy weeknight. I often try to club recipes that go together to make a complete, well-balanced and delicious meal. Throughout these classes, what I look forward to the most is the interaction with the guests. I love hearing about the challenges they face with cooking a weeknight dinner - it helps me plan out my next class and menu to address some of these concerns accordingly.
At one of my most recent class, I had a guest tell me that although she often plans her weeknight menus in advance, she's always left with bits and bobs of ingredients desperately waiting to be used up by the end of the week. A lightbulb suddenly flashed in my head! Don't we all face this issue come Thursday night?
I keep a Tupperware box in my fridge for all the remaining pieces of veggies that I use during the week. By the end of the week, the box is often filled with half a pepper, a quarter of an onion, a few slices of tomato, maybe a boiled potato - it's always a surprise medley of colourful produce that greets me and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone!
This Peanut Sauce Noodles recipe I'm sharing with you today is an extremely forgiving one!
Once you've got the sauce made, and the noodles cooked an ready, you should then raid your fridge and pantry for anything that you would like to or need to use up. I've added in wilted greens, leftover salad mixes, all sorts of veggies and even a boiled egg once it always comes out delicious!
Peanut Sauce Noodles
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 large mango sliced into thin strips
- 1 large cucumber sliced into thin strips
- 1 large carrot sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- a handful of finely chopped fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- 3 cups cooked noodles of your choice cooked according to package instructions and drained
For the Peanut Sauce
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients for the peanut sauce in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for a minute or two, stirring occasionally until the peanut butter softens and blends well with the water. Whisk to remove any lumps.
- In a large bowl add all the remaining ingredients, stir in the peanut sauce to mix well and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve.
If you like this recipe, you will surely like my Curry Noodle Bowl.
Tried this recipe? Leave a Comment and let me know, also Rate it by clicking the number of stars on the recipe card. Want to share your version with me? Tag me on Instagram @hookedonheat