This Spicy Garlic Noodles with Shrimp recipe is super quick and easy to pull together, and can be made with only a handful of ingredients from the pantry. It’s perfect to pack in your kid’s lunchbox or served as a quick dinner on a busy weeknight.
When it comes to packing Little Dude’s lunchboxes, I usually try to create a rough meal plan for the week. This helps my mornings run smoothly knowing that I have an idea on what to give him for lunch that day. Creating a school lunch meal plan also helps me prep and get things ready in advance. I will usually wash and peel/chop the veggies or fruits for the coming week and also have his snacks or treats planned out so that he gets a balanced meal that he enjoys.
At least 2-3 times a week I try to make sure he gets the previous night’s dinner leftovers for his school lunch the next day. Not only does this help make my morning rush a bit easier to manage, but also gives me comfort in knowing that he’s eating a good healthy meal. The remaining days are usually a hearty sandwich or something out of the freezer that I can pop into airfryer to quickly cook.
This Spicy Garlic Noodles with Shrimp recipe is one that I love making every other week. Not only does it require very few ingredients that I can almost always find in my fridge/freezer or pantry, but is also extremely quick and delicious! It has become one of mine and Little Dude’s favourite meals and he’s always happy to find it in his lunchbox the next day.
Although I’ve used shrimp in this recipe, you can easily substitute it with chicken or tofu for a vegan version. You can also add in any veggies of your choice to make it more hearty and fulfilling. Some of my favourite veggies to add into this Chilli Garlic Noodles recipe include bok choy, broccoli, cabbage and snow peas.
I’ve used Spaghetti noodles here, but I also love using fresh udon noodles in this recipe. To make it gluten free, buckwheat or soba noodles work great as well. Use this recipe as guideline and experiment with it to create a dish you enjoy. I promise you, it a keeper and great option to have in your back pocket. Happy cooking and of course, eating!
Spicy Garlic Noodles with Shrimp
- 2 tbsp light cooking oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 20-25 small sized frozen shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 tbsp sambal olek or any chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 500 gms spaghetti noodles cooked according to package instructions, drained and set aside
- salt and pepper to taste
- finely chopped green onion for garnish
- Heat oil on medium-high heat in a large non-stick pan, and saute garlic for a few seconds until fragrant.
- Add in shrimp and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Add in sambal olek and soy sauce, and mix well with the garlic and shrimp.
- Add in noodles, season with salt and pepper, and stir fry for a minute or two to mix everything well.
- Garnish with finely chopped green onion and serve.
Tried this recipe? Leave a Comment and let me know, also Rate it by clicking the number of stars on the recipe card. Want to share your version with me? Tag me on Instagram @hookedonheat