Hi guys! Here is a recipe video for Jeera Aloo (Cumin Potatoes). It’s really quick and simple to make and is absolutely delicious with some plain Dal and rotis on the side.
I first blogged about this Jeera Aloo (Cumin Potatoes) recipe a long time ago in one of my Indian Cooking 101 posts, introducing you all to various spices used in Indian food. Since then, it's been one of my most popular and not to mention, quickest and easiest recipe to date. The detailed recipe can be found here.
Please subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel to get new recipe videos every week. Also, don't forget to like and share my videos, and join me on my Facebook page for many more recipes, tips and generally keeping in touch.
JEERA ALOO (POTATOES FRIED WITH CUMIN)
- 2 tablespoon light cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2-3 potatoes cut into cubes
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan and saute cumin seeds till they begin to sizzle. Add potatoes and stir-fry for 10-15 minutes on medium-high heat till potatoes start to soften.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder, turmeric, and salt, and mix well to combine. Cook covered for a few minutes till potatoes are completely cooked through.
Tried this recipe? Leave a Comment and let me know, also Rate it by clicking the number of stars on the recipe card. Want to share your version with me? Tag me on Instagram @hookedonheat