We're back into the swing of things with school and somewhat normal weekday routines. Baby Dude just started with middle school and is ecstatic that he now has his own locker. School lunches are back on my weekly meal (this Easy Chicken Noodle Stir-Fry has made an appearance a couple of times already!) and I couldn't be happier. Not going to lie, I truly missed packing him lunches the whole of last year. Any mamas out there that can relate?
Before I get to the recipe of my Easy Chicken Noodle Stir-Fry, here is an email I recently received from a reader:
With my kids going back to school, I'm starting to stress out every day deciding what to pack them for lunch that we will enjoy eating. Neither of my kids is picky, but they want meals that excite them. Sandwiches bore them and they need variety. I rotate between a few recipes and your Indian-style Pasta, Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Tikka Quesadillas are some of their favourites. I'm wondering if you have a quick stir-fry recipe up your sleeve where I can sneak in a bunch of veggies. They have no problems eating their vegetables if its flavoured well.
Hey Serena! I hear you and I have you covered. Baby Dude loves variety in his lunches as well and usually prefers something heartier than cold-cut sandwiches. This Easy Chicken Noodle Stir-Fry recipe is one I fall back on frequently. It's a family favourite, so I often make a big batch for dinner so that I have leftovers to pack for the lunch the next day. You can use any kind of vegetables your family enjoys and change it to what's available or in season. I've also tried using different kinds of noodles - many times opting for spaghetti since that's what I always have on hand.
I hope you try this recipe out on your kids and I'd love to know their thoughts. Happy cooking!
Chicken Noodle Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoon light cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 large chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ cup julliened carrots
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 tablespoon soya sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- 400 gms noodles/spaghetti cooked according to packaged instructions, then rinsed and drained
- finely chopped green onions for garnish
- Heat oil in a large non-stick wok or a wide pan. Add in ginger, garlic and onions, and fry for a couple of minutes till lightly browned and fragrant.
- Add in chicken and spices, and stir-fry for a couple of minutes till the chicken starts to brown along the edges.
- Mix in the carrots and cabbage, and stir for another couple of minutes.
- Add in soya sauce, season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Add in the noodles and stir-fry for a few minutes till everything is mixed well. Adjust the seasoning if needed and garnish with green onions.
Tried this recipe? Leave a Comment and let me know, also Rate it by clicking the number of stars on the recipe card. Want to share your version with me? Tag me on Instagram @hookedonheat