Hi guys! Here is my very first cooking video on my YouTube channel. It’s a recipe for Egg Sambal, which is one of Baby Dear’s favourite dishes. He absolutely loves it and begs me to make it at least once a week. It’s a very simple and quick recipe and works perfectly as a weeknight dinner. Although I’ve used boiled eggs here, I often make many variations of this recipe, like with Fried Eggs or even Shrimp.
Please subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel to get new recipe videos every week. Also, don’t forget to like and share my videos, and join me on my Facebook page for many more recipes, tips and generally keeping in touch.
Boiled Egg Sambal (Malay-style Sambal Telur)
- 2 tbsp light cooking oil
- 2-3 large garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 6 large boiled eggs peeled and cut in half length-wise
- Heat oil in a wide pan and saute garlic and onions till soft and lightly browned. Add in the spices, salt and tomato paste, and fry for a few seconds.
- Add in chopped tomatoes tamarind paste, and cook for 3-4 minutes till the tomatoes start to pulp and give out oil from the sides.
- Slowly slide in the eggs, and carefully mix them with the tomato sauce to coat, without breaking the pieces. Allow to heat through for a few minutes and serve warm.