I have been neglecting my dear blog for a long time now. Neglected, not out of choice but lack of enough hours during the day. As I looked at my last post, I realized its been three weeks since I posted. Three weeks!!! That’s an extremely long time for a food blog addict who loves updating her space very regulalry (sometimes, even twice a day!!).Â
But let’s let bygones be bygones! I’m back to the spin of things and that’s all that matters. Well, to me at least. It nice to be back to the normal pace of life ones gets comfortably settled into. And what better way to get into the groove than with a bite of decadence… Ummm Hmn!
Mint Chocolate Tartlets
- 1 cup cream
- 1 Â½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- 8-10 drops of Peppermint extract
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 12 mini tart shells ( I use the frozen ones and prepare them according to the packaged instructions)
- Heat cream till it is warm enough to melt the chocolate chips. Do not let it come to a boil.
- Add chocolate chips, sugar and coffee powder, and stir till the chocolate starts to melt.
- Remove the mixture from heat and keep stirring till chocolate melts nicely and forms a thick paste.
- Add in peppermint extract, and set aside to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Fill each tart shell with the melted chocolate and decorate with a mint leaf.
- Serve warm or chilled!