Written by Meena Agarwal on December 4th, 2005 |
Every saturday we spend almost half of the day carrying out with our usual weekend chores like cleaning and grocery shopping. By the time we are done, its evening and time for dinner soon! Most of the time we are either eating on our way or don’t eat at all. A tiring and fully booked weekend definitely calls for a fulfilling meal.
When we were kids, sunday was always the day for a heavy and satisfying brunch! We would make up half-way through the day and be greeted with the delicious aroma of Parathas, Puris and other mouth-watering treats that Mom would be cooking up. I always looked forward to these meals eagerly and cherished every bite.
I woke up this morning and was in a mood for some of Mom’s magic! That’s when I realized we had some left-over paratha dough waiting for me in the fridge. That gave me the craving for piping hot parathas and a bowlful of delicious scarmbled egg, Indian style!!
Indian Scrambled Eggs
- 3 eggs, beaten in a bowl
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2-3 green chillies, chopped
- fresh chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and fry onions and green chillies till transparent and tender.
- Add tomatoes and cook till they soften. Add salt and chili powder, and cook for a minute.
- Add beaten eggs and continue to stir, scrambling eggs and mixing it with the spices till cooked.
- Sprinkle garam masala and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with warm parathas!