There are days when I’m dying for a lavish full-course home-cooked meal, and then, there are days like today, when I’m craving for a richly sinful decadent bite! To be truly honest, I have a sweet-tooth, infact, my hubby always says I have sweet-teeth!!
I’m the kind of person who always looks forward to dessert. No matter how good the food is, I make sure I don’t stuff myself just so I have space for dessert. At times it gets so bad that I even skip the meal and head straight to the dessert table!!
With hubby dear in Chicago for a business meeting, I had the option of NOT cooking dinner today. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to starve. No siree!!, it just means that I get to satisfy my hunger with decadent goodness!
I’m not into baking all that much, so bringing a big fancy cake out of my oven rarely happens. Instead, I love desserts that I can make in a jiffy and enjoy bite after bite. With the sugar craving setting up, I went into the kitchen to see what my choices were. There was my sister’s leftover cake in the fridge, but I decided against it…had too much already!!
Then my eyes set upon a big bowl of fresh strawberries! Two minutes later, I was cooking up a sin!
Chocolate and Strawberry grilled Croissants
- 3-4 strawberries, sliced
- 2 tbsp Nutella
- 1 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 large croissant
- Slice croissant lenght-wise into halves.
- On the inside of one slice, spread Nutella and layer over with fresh sliced strawberries.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and cover with other slice of croissant to form a sandwich.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes till strawberries soften and chocolate chips start to melt.
Don’t feel guilty while enjoying this taste of heaven!